Monday 26 December 2011

Older and Wiser

This is a journal written on April, 3rd 2011
Older and wiser, this is a perfect title to choose because in March, 27th 2011, I have just had my 19th birthday. It wasn’t a big celebration, though. I went to a mall with my family – just the four of us- and we ate pizza, my favorite food, as dinner. It didn’t matter because I reckon I shouldn’t be too glorious about being 19 since it means I’m getting older.
Somehow, I feel sad for my birthday this time, I think I haven’t done things I should’ve done before I turn to 19. Time moves so fast and before I realize it, there’s no way back for me to repeat my early years. I know that the chances for me to fix it all have gone away. That’s why sometimes I feel so old and I always envy young teenagers, such as high school students, because I know I could’ve done much more in my high school times.
As I grow older, I am expected to be wiser too. However, I think age and wisdom don’t go together. It may be more appropriate if I try to be a mature person first. Nobody tells me that it’s going to be easy, but I will certainly give my best effort to try to do it. In fact, I shouldn’t be worry for all the past times I can’t go back to, because I believe that as one door is closed, the others are opened. More and more promising chances are waiting for me in the future and of course, I won’t do the same mistakes that I’ll regret later. This time I’ll make sure that I’ll grab every chance God has given me and do my best to finish what I have started.

No comments:

Post a Comment