Tuesday 27 December 2011

My First Accident in Driving

Do you know what frightens me most? It is not a ghost, a haunted house, or even a cockroach. It is an incident that I will remember for the rest of my life. It is my first car accident that frightens me most, and that experience is going to be the most terrifying experience I have ever had in my life.
It all started a year ago, when I was in my third year in high school, I felt quite confident in driving a car. That was because I have had 20 hours of driving course and I have got my own driving license. For me, getting my driving license is a symbol of freedom. Therefore, when I saw my best friend, Ester, drove her way to school by car, I begged my parents to let me do the same. My parents agreed because they thought eventually I would drive my own car when I started university. However, a car accident changed my bravery. I remembered it was Wednesday morning; my school would start at 8 AM and finished at 10 AM. Therefore, I thought it was perfect for me to drive my car to school since I would avoid rush hours and on Tuesday, I had driven the car to school. Moreover it was a safe journey.
I was driving with an average speed of 35 km/h, when suddenly a blue car got out from path on the left and our cars crashed hard. It was like my world turned upside down. I drove the car to the left side of the road so I would not bother the main road. I called my parents and my father told me that he would be there soon. Then, a young woman got out from that blue car and asked me to get out. I was so scared, I thought it was my fault and in fact, there was no one beside me to help and defend me. Finally I went out of my car and checked both cars’ condition. My car was okay, only the headlights were broken, but the blue car was badly damaged on the left side of the car. The woman was extremely furious and put the blame on me. Before I could say anything, a policeman came and asked us the problem. He then took my driving license, calmed the woman down and asked her to wait until my father came. From his attitude, I could tell that he blamed me too in that accident, after I explained the accident to him. He said I should’ve seen the blue car, but I didn’t have the chance to hit the brake and stop. I almost cried when I saw my father came with a tense on his face. He talked to the angry woman who wanted my father to pay all the repairing bills. She also said that if my father did not want to pay the bills, it was better to solve this matter in the police station, as the policeman has told us before.
After a difficult and long quarrel, my father finally agreed to bring the blue car to a garage and paid all the bills because indeed, it was actually my fault. Although I felt guilty to my parents about what happened, they told me that it was a normal thing for a driver to crash, and I should not be worry or afraid of driving. All in all, that accident was still the most frightening thing that has ever happened to me. Sometimes when I drive, I am haunted by that experience. However, I know that experience will also be a useful lesson for me in the future that I will be more careful in driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment