Monday 26 December 2011

Chocolate Craze

This morning, I read an article about chocolates. It has a fancy title “Choctalk”. That article took the responsibility of making any chocolate product looks seductive to me! Just by imagining of eating a piece of a chocolate bar, feeling it melting on my tongue, hmmm...yummy! I couldn’t help it, so after college today I went to a supermarket and bought an ice cream cone. Well, it was actually a wrong choice because I bought the tiramisu flavor, but at least, it had some chocolate chips on it. It wasn’t until five minutes after I finished up my ice cream that I remembered that I was supposed to go on a diet! Oh no!
I was still overwhelmed with panic when I went back to the article I read and realized that eating a chocolate wasn’t as dreadful for girls as the myths have said. It was written in the article that chocolate can be used as medication. Chocolate stimulates the brain of releasing endorphins, a kind of hormones which produces relax feelings based on the aroma, texture, and taste of chocolates. Chocolate also contains higher antioxidants than a cup of green tea and an apple. It’s a significant source of calcium, magnesium, iron, and riboflavin.
Believe it or not, the article mentioned that chocolate can be included in a healthy diet, well of course, it’s as long as you are active and are having plenty of fruit and vegetables. You should limit 25 grams chocolate a day and choose the kind of chocolate which has the highest cocoa content and least sugar, such as dark chocolate. Above all, I don’t need to worry anymore about eating chocolate, but since I ate more cappuccino flavor than the chocolate in my tiramisu ice cream, perhaps it should be more appropriate if i find an article which discusses about the benefits of caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment