Wednesday 19 March 2014

Let It Go

"Let It Go" is probably the most popular movie soundtrack recently, but in this post, I'm not going to discuss about the song or the movie. I will write about the word "Let It Go" literally because that's the word that has crossed my mind this early morning,

"Letting go is one of the greatest lessons in my life". When I woke up this morning, I woke up with some kind of regrets. Regrets of why I have not done things that should have been done long time ago. Regrets of being beaten and lost in "a competition" and not doing anything about it. I do not know why those kinds of feeling come up to the surface now, but I feel really bad about it, like having a burden in my heart.

What makes regretting worse is that you can not do anything to fix your mistakes, because they already happened in the past. I realize it too and it makes me angry, sad, and disappointed with myself. Then I remember the wise words quote "everything happens for a reason". So I am wondering, what kind of reason can explain those unfortunate events? What is it that God wants to show me through things happened to me? Because I believe that God has a reason for letting those things happened. I trully believe that, if not, what else should I believe?

However, letting go is not that easy. I keep reminding myself to be grateful for what I've had. I know I will still think about it for 2-3 days ahead, but I am sure that next week I will be okay and I will have forgotten about it. Just like another wise man says, "Life is too precious to regret things that will never come back". So, I will definitely learn from those experiences, although it will hurt me a little even to remember it, and use those lessons as my strength to face my future. The past can not be changed, but we can learn from it to shape our better future.So, I think it's time for me to move on and learn to forgive and forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment