Friday 9 September 2016

Why I Start Blogging Again (and perhaps you should, too!)

I checked the last time I blogged, and it was nearly 2 years ago. What an irresponsible way to maintain your readers. Apologies for all the disruption and for all the time I wasted daydreaming and wandering, and not being able to spare my time to write it down. But, I promise I will try to update my blog, regularly and properly. More properly than before, because I will write, not just my random thoughts, but also some lessons learned from my past experiences and my daily live.

To start this habit and get committed, I am writing down WHY one should blog:
1. Free-writing is considered as a therapeutic movement beside poetry and letter (source: psychcentral.com)

"Writing is “speaking to another consciousness — ‘the reader’ or another part of the self. We come to know who we really are in the present moment, " said Elizabeth Sullivan, a licensed marriage and family therapist. 

Before I decided to start blogging, whenever I feel "heavy" and pressured, I talk to myself. Don't think I am creepy because self-talking can actually improve self esteem, your body image, and stress management, and also reduce depression and the risk of self-harm and suicide, if it's done positively (Read more: http://www.mindhealthconnect.org.au/self-talk).
But, when I look back on it, I realize there are lots of things that I have said, that can be useful for others, or even for me, one day. And, hey I have my own blog, an internet, and a healthy mind. So, why don't I update it on my blog? Even though, it is just as simple as writing down my middle-life confusion. 
If I just talk to myself, those thoughts, ideas, and opinions will disappear in time. I feel like writing helps me to convey my feelings to the world, things that I was not be able to say out loud. Hopes that I was afraid to have, and dreams that I was longing to do. 
And hey, the world is going digitalized. People can actually make money out of blogging. Who knows, I may have that opportunities too?

2. I write, therefore I exist
I once read that writing is a prove of our existence (I googled it and people say that it is a saying from Socrates). Pramoedya Ananta Toer, Indonesian famous writer also said that, "You can get as clever as you can, but as long as you do not write, you will disappear off the society".
I am not the type of person who crave for existence recognition that bad, but that quote wakes me up. If I just keep my opinions and experiences up to myself, it will be useless. I want to give back to society by writing something useful, even though I will not be bothered if I have a very minimum number of readers. As I have stated in reason number one, at least my own free-writing will be useful for me. 

Hasil gambar untuk menulislah maka kamu ada

4. Writing As A Skill: Practice Makes Perfect
Writing is a very important you should acquire in workplace. From writing your CV to communicating effectively via emails & text messages, a good writing skill can distinguish you from your colleagues and buy you a career ladder (Read more at http://executivesecretary.com/why-good-writing-skills-are-important-in-todays-workplace-and-tips-for-developing-them/)
Sadly, I found that not many people have effective writing skills. Most of them, are better when it comes to explaining directly face-to-face, but lack the ability to write their thoughts in a form of a report or an analytical text.
So, practice makes perfect. By writing regularly in this blog, I hope it will improve my writing skill that I have ignored for quite a long time (it is quite ironic since I learnt communication science in university that included a lot of writing essays), and also my English skill. Forgive me, if I will mostly write it in English because somehow I convey my feelings more generously in English.

I can only think of that, but I hope it is enough to maintain my commitment in writing. As tomorrow is the start of a long public holiday, I'll see you tomorrow, then. Just one last quote before the night ends:

Anne Frank once said, "I can shake off everything as I write, my sorrow is disappear, my courage is reborn." Good night, and happy writing, peeps!

Hasil gambar untuk writing quote anne frank





No comments:

Post a Comment