Tuesday 11 March 2014

Chocolate Talk

I am writing this article while eating a piece of a chocolate bar that my friend gave me on Valentine. I don't need to write its brand but I'm telling you it tastes sooo good and I'm feeling it melting on my tongue right now. Such a guilty pleasure, isn't it?
Most girls would object to eating chocolate because they are afraid of getting fat and having pimples and acnes. So why do I look like having so much pleasure eating one piece (oh I'm having 2 right now) of chocolate? Here are the reasons...

Yesterday I read an article about chocolates, it has a fancy title "Choctalk". It was written in the article that actually eating chocolates was not so dreadful for girls as the myths have said. Chocolate can be used as medication too. It stimulates the brain of releasing endorphins, a kind of hormone which produces good and relaxing feelings based on the aroma, textures, and taste of chocolates. Researchers suggest that chocolate also contains higher antioxidants than a cup of green tea and an apple. It is also a significant source of calcium, magnesium, iron, and riboflavin.

Believe it or not, the article mentioned that chocolate can be included in a healthy diet. Well, of course it's as long as you are having plenty of fruits and vegetables, and exercise regularly. The tip is that you should limit 25 grams chocolate a day and choose the kind of chocolate which has the highest cocoa content and least sugar, such as dark chocolate. So, that article took responsibility of making any chocolate looks seductive to me. I don't even have to worry about my diet.

Anyway, if chocolates make people feel good and relax because of endorphins, then why am I feeling bad and guilty right now? OH NO! Is it because I have eaten up all of my chocolate?!

No comments:

Post a Comment